Answered By: Lippincott Library Last Updated: Jul 22, 2020 Views: 80143
Use Osiris. To screen for companies by IPO Date:
- Select Stock data, then IPO date and enter you dates of interest.
- The total number of companies will appear.
- Click the orange View List of Results button at the bottom of the page to display the company names.
To find the IPO date of a specific company, search for a company name, then click the desired name from the results list. Select Stock Data from the menu to see the IPO date and other market information.
Use Bloomberg, available at Lippincott Library and in Huntsman Hall:
- To find the IPO date of a specific company, type the company's ticker followed by IPO <GO>
- To find IPO and Additional Offering dates for a specific company, type CACT to perform a Corporate Action Search. Change left dropdown from All Securities to Single Security. Enter company's ticker in field to the right. Adjust dates then hit Enter key, then Filter Actions to IPO/ADDL. Click on an action to access details about the offering.
- Use CACT to screen for companies by IPO/Additional Offering date. Type CACT in the command line. Leave left dropdown reflecting All Securities. Adjust date. Filter Actions to IPO/ADDL.
- Go to the Screening tab and select Transactions
- Under General Transaction Details select Primary Features and choose Public Offering - IPO
- Click the Add Criteria button