Answered By: Lippincott Library Last Updated: Jul 22, 2020 Views: 1599
Using PitchBook, select IPOs under Companies & Deals.
- Select Advanced Deal Search, click Deal type method.
- Click Deal type.
- Choose IPO or Planned IPO.
Use Thomson ONE.
- To get started with a list of IPOs, scroll over Screening & Analysis, then Deals & League Tables.
- Expand the menu next to Equity and select Advanced Search.
- Expand the menu for Deal Info and choose Issue Type to be IPO -- add this to your search, then click OK.
- For data related to a specific issue, use the Advanced Search menu to screen by company name, then click the R icon to Run Search.
- To find data on private equity-backed IPOs, click on Private Equity (under Screening & Analysis), then choose PE Exits.
Note: Thomson ONE only works in Internet Explorer.
Use Bloomberg, available at Lippincott Library and in Huntsman Hall:
- Type IPO into the command line to access the Equity Offerings: Advanced Search tool, which allows you to monitor equity offerings by stage, region, industry, and other criteria.
Come to Lippincott Library and ask to be logged into FactSet.
- From the blue <F> button, go to Screening then choose Idea Screening.
- Under Create New Screen, choose I Am Looking For, then select New Issues from the dropdown menu.
Come to Lippincott Library and use SDC Platinum.
- For corporate new issues, select Global New Issues.
- For municipal new issues, select Global Public Finance.