Answered By: Lippincott Library Last Updated: Jul 29, 2020 Views: 248
Go to Data-Planet:
- Click Browse by Subject to expand.
- Next, drill down through Stock and Commodities - Major Market Indices
- Then choose an index and price.
Search Global Financial Data.
Go to WRDS
- Choose IHS Global Insight.
- Choose Series Data.
- Use the Series Name Browser in Step 2 to find the specific index that you'd like to see.
Note: Access to WRDS requires creation of a WRDS account.
Come to the Lippincott Library and use Datastream.
Morningstar Direct, available in Lippincott Library, has historical index data. Ask to be logged in at the Reference Desk.
Go to Dow Jones Factiva
- Go to Companies/Markets in the top toolbar, then click Quotes.
- Then, use the Select Instrument drop-down to choose Common Market Indexes.
Use Bloomberg, available at Lippincott Library or in Huntsman Hall.
- Type WEI <GO> to access World Equity Indices
- Select index of interest
- Type frequently used shortcuts and hit <GO>:
- HP for historical price table with volume
- GP for graph of historical prices
- GPA for graph of historical average prices
- Use amber fields to modify the display; e.g., start/end date, period, currency, and the market.
- For a ranking of equity indexes by returns, type WEIS <GO>
- For additional functions, hit the yellow <INDEX> to access the main Index menu.