Answered By: Lippincott Library Last Updated: Jul 23, 2020 Views: 717
Recent prices are available in the following resources:
- Mergent Online - use the Equity Pricing tab on a company record
- Osiris - select Stock Data from the menu on the right-hand side of a company record
- Factiva - select Quotes under the Companies/Markets tab
You can also use Bloomberg, available at Lippincott and Huntsman Hall. Type the stock's ticker symbol, then hit <EQUITY> type HP and then hit <GO>.
Note: Access to WRDS requires creation of a WRDS account.
Also useful for time series:
Note: Thomson ONE only works using Internet Explorer.
- In the upper left area for Companies search for the company by name or ticker.
- In the area of the screen for Price and Volume: 1 Year click on Advanced Charting.
- Specify the desired time period and frequency.
- Add any other criteria such as another company or an index.
- Click on Go to redraw the chart. Click on View Data to see the underlying data.
- To download the data click on the Excel icon.
- Capital IQ
- Mouse over Charting, and then select Chart Builder.
- Search for Companies or Indices. Or, click Create Index to build a list.
- Click Metrics and select Share Pricing
- Select time period or enter custom date range.
- If working with a list, right click on chart. Click Axis Options. On the Y Axis tab, select Values: Absolute Linear to view stock prices rather than Relative Percent Change.
- To download the data click on the Excel icon above the chart.
Capital IQ is available to Wharton Students in the Yablon Financial Resources Lab in Lippincott Library. Full-time MBAs have additional access to Capital IQ via MBA Career Management. See our FAQ titled Where Can I Get Access to Capital IQ? for complete details.
- NYSE - HG4915 I2 (1962-2006)
- AMEX - HG4915 I22 (1962-2006)
- NASDAQ - HG4915 I6 (1968-2006)
These sources are located in the Peck Collection in Lippincott Library.