Are masks required in the Penn Libraries?
In accordance with the latest campus guidelines, masks are optional, but recommended, in all Penn Libraries spaces. Masking is always an option for anyone who chooses to wear a mask for any reason.
The Penn community is still encouraged to wear a mask (preferably a surgical mask, KN95/KF94, N95, or EHRS-recommended Aries mask as opposed to a single layer cloth mask), regardless of masking requirements, in the following situations:
- if, for any reason, you want to
- if you are not up-to-date on your COVID-19 vaccinations
- if you are personally at high risk
- if you are in frequent close contact with someone who is high risk
- if you have COVID symptoms
- if you test positive for COVID
- if you go to an airport
- if you have been exposed to someone with COVID
- if you live in an area with "substantial" or "high" spread of the virus (defined as 50 to 100, or 100 or more, respectively, new weekly cases per 100,000 people).