Q. Can I enter all Penn Libraries locations?
The Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center is now open to the Penn community and outside visitors, including the individual library locations listed below.
Hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Patrons may once again browse the stacks and use self-serve study areas without appointments. Many reservable study spaces may also now be booked.
The Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts is open by appointment, Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm.
Starting Monday, August 16, most library locations beyond Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center will also be open to the Penn community and outside visitors, from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Those locations are listed below.
- Annenberg Library
- Chemistry Library
- Education Commons
- Fisher Fine Arts Library
- Library at the Katz CAJS
- Math/Physics/Astronomy Library
- Penn Museum Library
- Eugene Ormandy Music & Media Center (including equipment reservations)
- Veterinary: Atwood Library
Some library locations will open with different operating hours and patron access. Those locations are listed below.
- Biomedical Library: Reopening date to be determined. The Biomedical Library will reopen as the Biotech Commons when construction is complete.
- Levy Dental Library: Open only to Penn Dental students.
- Veterinary: du Pont Library: Open to Penn Vet staff and students 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. Other Penn affiliates and members of the public can make arrangements for a visit by contacting the librarian.