Answered By: Penn Libraries
Last Updated: Jul 29, 2021     Views: 782

Spouses/partners of Penn Faculty may apply for borrowing privileges at Penn Libraries. Borrowing privileges are available to spouses/partners of regular faculty only.

To obtain a Penn Guest Card, the spouse/partner must apply at the PennCard Center together in person with the faculty member spouse. The faculty spouse/partner may then apply for borrowing privileges by presenting the Penn Guest Card at any Circulation desk and completing a short form.

Penn Faculty spouses/partners may also fill out the Faculty Proxy Borrower Registration online, print a copy of the screen, and bring it to Circulation staff in any of the Libraries. Both the faculty member and spouse/partner should sign the printed copy of the form.

Staff and student spouses/partners are welcome to visit and access the library during weekdays when many of the University of Pennsylvania Libraries are open to the public. Presentation of a current, valid government, school or employer-issued photo I.D. is required. More information on access policies.

Contact Us