Q. What formats can I use in the lab?
We can import audio/video to our workstations from the following sources:
- VHS (NTSC, PAL, SECAM)
- DVD (multi-region)
- Video CD (VCD)
- Audio CD
- Audio Cassette
- Vinyl record (33 1/3 or 45 rpm only)
- Existing video files (mpg, mpeg, avi, mov)
- Existing audio files (mp3, AAC, WAV, AIFF, Ogg Vorbis)
We do NOT have equipment in the lab to import:
- 8-Track tapes
- 78rpm vinyl records
- D8 (Hi-8, etc) tapes
- Flash videos like those from YouTube, Google Video, etc.
- Full-sized DV tapes or DVCam tapes
- Super-8 tapes
If you bring your own camera or video/video deck that has an S-Video or RCA output, we can most likely patch it into our system and allow you to import your video to edit.
If you do not see a format specifically mentioned above, please ask us.