Answered By: Lippincott Library Last Updated: Jul 21, 2020 Views: 33
Use Bloomberg, available at Lippincott Library and in Huntsman Hall.
- Type PELP and hit the green <GO> key to run a Limited Partners Browse.
- Then, from the Entity Type menu, select University Endowment.
- You'll get a list of more than 600 universities and their endowments. You can click on any university name in the list to get additional data, including 10 years of financial statements and Form-990 reports.
- Other "Entity Types" to choose from include: Public Pension Funds, Hospitals, Government Pensions, Fund of Funds, and Foundations.
Use the Almanac of Higher Education from the Chronicle of Higher Education:
- Search for almanac on the Chronicle's site. On the search results, select the Almanac for year of interest and search within it for tables containing endowment statistics.
Use the Digest of Education Statistics to access the relevant table in Chapter 3: Postsecondary Education. Table title varies by edition by is often titled "Endowment funds of the 120 degree-granting postsecondary institutions with the largest endowments, by rank order."