Answered By: Lippincott Library Last Updated: Jul 15, 2020 Views: 40
Go to Data-Planet and click Browse by Source to expand, then click International Monetary Fund (IMF).
Use IHS Global Insight- Series Attributes to explore the universe of IMF International Financial Statistics data in IHS Global Insight on the WRDS platform.
- From WRDS landing page, click on IHS Global Insight
- Select Series Attributes data bank
- Query Form:
- Step 1: compose your query as desired
- Step 2: Query Variables – select Series Name, Full Description
- Conditional Statements:
Full Description contains “international financial statistics”
- Step 3: select desired Query Output parameters, then click Submit Query button
This query isolates the list of IMF International Financial statistics data available in IHS Global Insight within WRDS. Search the downloaded file and identify the desired Series Name codes. Save the desired Series Name codes as a plain text (.txt) file. Open the IHS Global Insight – Series Data data bank, and upload this .txt file in Step 2 of the Series Data Query Form when composing your query.