Answered By: Lippincott Library Last Updated: Dec 07, 2019 Views: 175
For industry overviews and trends, use Gartner.
- Perform a keyword search for gartner on outsourcing to find the latest edition of this yearly report.
Search Business Source Complete to find MarketLine industry profiles. Enter outsourced services in the keyword search box and set the Publication Type drop-down menu to Industry Profile.
For articles, news, and research reports, search:
- Business Source Complete
- The Conference Board
- Dow Jones Factiva
- NBER Working Papers
- PAIS International
Try search terms such as outsourcing, offshoring and contracting out.
Use CIO Magazine's Offshoring Portal.
For books, search Franklin.
Search these as Subject Headings: contracting out, offshore outsourcing, industrial procurement and business logistics.
For resources focused on a particular region or country:
- A.T. Kearney Global Services Location Index (GSLI) - ranks top 50 countries as destinations for providing outsourcing activities.
- EMIS - news and analysis from 4500 global sources.
- Select a country and search for keywords like outsourcing, offshoring, etc.
- Mass Layoff Statistics - US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- National Association of Software & Service Companies (NASSCOM) - trade association for IT-BPO industries in India.