Answered By: Lippincott Library Last Updated: Aug 17, 2020 Views: 31362
Privco (personal account required) focuses exclusively on private companies, including information about investors and deals.
PitchBook (personal account required) has private company profiles that include revenue information (depending on company size, stage and backing), as well as investment histories, valuations, executives and competitors.
- Search by company name, or search for a list of private companies by choosing Search & Build a List, expanding the Company Type category, and using the options beneath Ownership Type.
To screen for private companies use:
S&P Capital IQ allows you to screen for private companies, including those with financial statements.
- Go to Screening--->Companies.
- Then, enter private company to select it as a company type; or enter private companies with financial statements to select it as a company type.
- Click Add to Screen. You can add additional screening criteria to narrow your results.
- When you are finished adding criteria, click View Results.
Capital IQ is available to Wharton Students in the Yablon Financial Resources Lab in Lippincott Library. Full-time MBAs have additional access to Capital IQ via MBA Career Management. See our FAQ titled Where Can I Get Access to Capital IQ? for complete details.