Answered By: Lippincott Library Last Updated: Aug 04, 2020 Views: 3850
Use Pitchbook (you will be prompted to create your own account using your Penn email address)
- Utilize the Advanced Search function.
Search the Thomson ONE database.
- Select Screening & Analysis from the menu.
- Then, choose Private Equity.
Note: Thomson ONE only works in Internet Explorer.
Use CB Insights, which focuses on funding within the high-tech start-up space.
For performance information, try Preqin Performance Analyst.
Bloomberg is available at Lippincott Library or in Huntsman Hall.
- Type PE and hit the green <GO> key to get to the main Private Equity homepage.
- Read our Datapoints blog post for more information about the data you can find here.
Come to Lippincott Library and ask to be logged into FactSet.
- From the blue "F" button, go to Screening then click on Idea Screening. Under Create New Screen, choose I Am Looking For, then Private Equity.
- To view data by company, use blue "F" button and choose Private Equity / Venture Capital then enter a specific firm, portfolio or fund name.
Use SDC Platinum, available in Lippincott Library.
For information about private equity in emerging markets, check out some of the Emerging Markets Private Equity Association publications.
Look at PricewaterhouseCoopers MoneyTree Survey Report for historical and current VC investment aggregate numbers.
For a more comprehensive overview of PE and VC resources visit our Venture Capital and Private Equity research guide.