Answered By: Lippincott Library Last Updated: Apr 05, 2018 Views: 572
Bloomberg, available at Lippincott Library and in Huntsman Hall, can perform a Total Return Analysis for a security.
- Type the company's ticker symbol, hit the yellow <EQUITY> key, type TRA, then hit <GO>.
- To compare an equity's total return against an index, type the company's ticker symbol, hit <EQUITY>, type COMP, then hit <GO>.
- Choose CRSP.
- Daily and monthly stock files and indices from December 1925 -- present. The files are updated annually.
Note: WRDS requires an individual account.
Global Financial Data's US Stocks subset includes total return information. Search for a company, then click the download button under Links to select total return and other variables
LSPD (London Share Price Database) also in WRDS provides comprehensive coverage of total returns on UK stocks incorporating dividends and capital changes. Includes companies that survived or died from 1955 to date. For more information on this database, take a look at our blog post titled London Stock Price Database on WRDS.
Look at the books from Ibbotson Associates:
- Stocks, Bonds, Bills, and Inflation - Classic Edition (HG4915 I362)
- Stocks, Bonds, Bills, and Inflation - Valuation Edition (HG4028 V3S86).
Latest editions are at the Lippincottt Reference Desk.