Answered By: Lippincott Library Last Updated: Dec 06, 2021 Views: 29
Use CB Insights to generate a list of incubators/accelerators:
- Select Advanced Filters > Investors.
- In the Investor Search area on left side of page, expand Investor Attributes menu.
- For Investor Type, select Incubator/Accelerator.
- Add other filters, if desired.
Go to PolicyMap to view a map of business incubators provided by the International Business Innovation Association (InBIA):
- Select Economy --> Small Business and Startups --> Business Incubators
- Select Location(s) of interest
Use PolicyMap Legacy to download a CSV file containing the complete list of U.S. incubators from InBIA.
Use PitchBook (see access details) to screen for accelerators and incubators:
- Select Screeners > Investors & Funds.
- Select Investor Types > Accelerator/Incubator.
- Select additional filters.
- Click Search button.
If downloading large amounts of PitchBook data, use PitchBook in WRDS (see access details):
- Select PitchBook from the Subscriptions list.
- Select the Investor dataset.
- On the PitchBook Investor query form, select these variables: primaryinvestortype, otherinvestortypes
- Use the Conditional Statement Builder on the query form to add the following rules:
primaryinvestortype equal Accelerator/Incubator
otherinvestortypes equal Accelerator/Incubator
(note: the Accelerator/Incubator value label is case-sensitive)
to verify you entered the Conditional Statements correctly, the Query Preview should read:
WHERE primaryinvestortype = 'Accelerator/Incubator' OR otherinvestortypes = 'Accelerator/Incubator'
Screen for investors targeting companies in relevant stages, using Capital IQ (see access details):
- Hover over Screening and select Find Buyers or Investors, under Targeting.
- Select the Stages tab.
- Select Available Stages: Incubation and Seed/Startup.
- Click Add to Criteria List button
- Select additional filters. Click Add to Criteria List button after each selection.
- Click Run Search button.
Use Small Business Sourcebook: The Entrepreneur's Resource. The General Small Business Resources section includes directories of incubators/research and technology parks by state.
Use the U.S. Small Business Administration's Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer (SBIR/STTR) accelerators and incubators resources. Also, look through the lists of past Growth Accelerator Fund Competition (GAFC) winners. The GAFC recognizes innovative U.S. accelerators and incubators:
Look at the membership database of the Association of University Research Parks. In partnership with sponsoring research institutions, research parks support and commercialize research outputs of science and technology companies.