Answered By: Lippincott Library Last Updated: May 02, 2019 Views: 1
- Search for common keywords such as cryptocurrency, blockchain, and mining the name of a company such as Bitcoin, Ripple, or Ethereum.
- Apply additional filters for content type, sub-topics, region, etc.
Use CyptoCompare to view a live feed of currently traded cryptocurrencies in addition to market analysis information for each coin.
For cryptocurrency datasets:
Bloomberg (terminals in Huntsman Hall and the Lippincott Library) offers price data for Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Dash, EOS, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, Monero, XRP, and Zcash as well as cryptocurrency futures data. Use the function CRYP.
Datastream provides access to intraday high, middle, and intraday low exchange rates for Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Ripple.
- Use the desktop shortcut on workstation 7B, across from the Lippincott Library information desk.
- Type a cryptocurrency name (e.g.: Ripple) in the Enter Series field then click Find Series.
- In the Navigator window that pops up, choose an exchange rate (e.g.: US $ TO RIPPLE (BITSTAMP)) by clicking its symbol link (e.g.: XRUSDSP).
- On the main Datastream window, select a time period and click Run Now!
Coinmetrics contains daily historical network statistics including price, transaction volume, and block size for dozens of cryptocurrencies and tokens.
- Use the Community Data tab at the top of the page to navigate to Network Data, which includes charts, downloadable CSV files, and API information.
CoinMarketCap provides a list of top cryptocurrencies and exchanges with key datapoints, including market capitalization.
- Under the Tools tab at the top of the page, select Historical Snapshots to view archived lists from April 2013 to the present day.
Bitcoincharts offers price and volume data for a variety of cryptocurrencies as well as trade history and market depth metrics for a wide selection of markets.
- Access cryptocurrency price and volume visualizations under Charts. Use the Load raw data option below a chart to view the supporting data table.
- Explore trade history and market depth for individual markets under Markets.
- An API provides access to historical weighted prices, market data, and trade data. Find details under About > Markets API.
In some cases, tick data can be extracted from individual exchanges (e.g.: Bitfinex).